As part of the design we have our own innovative energy centre which uses food and garden waste from around Aberdeen, its then digested in a Anaerobic plant and the resulting hydrogen gas is harvested and used to power the energy centre which supplies Heating, Cooling and Power not only to P&J Live but also the onsite hotels.
In a changing world where CSR and Environmental issues become ever increasingly prominent, we are delighted that a key objective of Aberdeen City Council when delivering the new P&J Live facility was to specify that it was built to the highest environmental standards.
P&J Live has achieved an excellent rating in BREEAM which is the highest environmental standard possible and we are proud to be the most sustainable venue of its type in the UK.
P&J Live Sustainable facts
- A network of over 7km of new footpaths serves the site, connecting it to surrounding areas
- Over 29,000 trees and shrubs have been planted on-site
- P&J Live has been designed to be a living environment to attract people and wildlife to the area
- P&J Live is powered by Aberdeen's food and garden waste
- 98.8% of all materials have been reused on-site