Venue HSE Advisor (Maternity Cover)
The Venue HSE Officer will provide support for all aspects of health, safety & environmental management and be confident in assessing a wide range of hazards posing risk to all persons at the venue.
POSITION: Venue HSE Advisor (Maternity Cover)
START DATE: July 2023
DURATION: Maternity Cover - Minimum 6 months Fixed Term contract
DEPARTMENT: FM, HSE and Security
REPORTING TO: Head of FM, HSE and Security (additional dotted line reporting to Corporate Head of Group Health, Safety and Risk)
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
As the world’s leading venue Management Company, ASM Global brings entertainment, excitement and opportunity to millions of people across the world. Delivering great experiences is dependent on creating a safe and secure environment for our customers and employees. That’s why a robust HSE structure is at the forefront of every event and every venue, from Stockholm to Aberdeen
P&J Live is the largest event complex in the North of Scotland, boasting world-class conference and exhibition facilities for organisers and delegates across the globe, all sustainably powered by local, renewable energy sources.
The Venue HSE Officer will provide support for all aspects of health, safety and environmental management at the venue. They will be confident in assessing a wide range of hazards posing a risk to all persons at the venue including crowd management and crowded places.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ongoing maintenance, development and implementation of ASM Global’s HSE management system
- Create, review, implement and update policies, procedures, RAMS for the protection of customers, employees and our assets.
- Coordination and completion of sustainability reporting activities and supporting actions
- Coordination of competence management and training recertification
- Provide support to the events team on the planning of events and specifically assess, document and advise on mitigation measures for any identified safety risks.
- Liaise with local stakeholders and regulatory bodies such the Local Authority, SFRS, SPS and other emergency services.
- Collaborate with the Head of Group Health, Safety and Risk to support and develop group wide HSE initiatives and training.
- Work with the Event and Operations Team to organise annual emergency training or desktop exercises.
- Assist with evaluating suppliers and subcontractors in line with procurement protocols.
- Support the management and review of contracted service providers auditing their compliance with the services contracts.
- Provide support where required in the Security Control Room or the Event Control Room where required by operational teams.
- Undertake internal audits on all area of business activity, reviewing and collating collected data to identify trends and develop strategic actions and goals.
- Monitor and collate data received through the Accident and Incident reporting processes
- Work with the Event Manager and on duty Senior Manager during events should an emergency situation arise.
- Liaise with visiting production teams, on any breaches of house policies and procedures.
- Engage with industry groups such as AEV and NAA.
- Investigate safety related incidents including producing reports for submission as part of insurance claims.
- Any other relevant duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of the role assigned by the Head of department or Managing Director
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Proven Health and Safety Experience (ideally in a construction or operationally similar environment)
- Demonstrable problem solving skills.
- The ability to take control of an emergency incident such as an evacuation and remain calm under pressure and the confidence/ability to deal with difficult situations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications.
- Reliable and flexible the requirements of the business are such that a flexible working pattern is required including working evenings and weekends.
- FREC 3 or FPOS First Aid qualification
- Crowd management experience.
- NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety
- Act Awareness training for Operational Managers
- Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health
ASM Global requires all staff to be vetted and the following will be required:
- 5 years of employment verification
- Proof of ID & UK right to work
- Proof of address
- Proof of Qualification
- Coverage of any 31+ day employment gap
To comply with changes in legislation and company policies training will be provided as required from time to time of this position in order to maintain the appropriate levels of service within the facility.
To apply, please send a C.V. and cover letter to Gemma Anderson, Venue HSE Advisor: [email protected]
Interviews to take place w/c 8th May.
Minimum 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Covering letter, detailing your experience in this field, and CV should be sent to:
David Macphail, FM, HSE & Security Manager
Email: [email protected]
FAO: David Macphail
East Burn Road,
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I buy a VIP View Bar Upgrade?
You can purchase a VIP View Bar Upgrade to selected events here. It includes early access, fast-track entry, complimentary drink on arrival and access to the View Bar before, during and post-show.
- How can I purchase tickets for a concert at P&J Live?
P&J Live do not sell tickets directly.
- How do I register for access to venue presale?
For certain events, venue presale tickets might be on offer. This means you'll be access tickets before they go on general sale.
To gain access to our exclusive venue presale, sign up to our newsletterhere and we will send you an email with the presale link for tickets go on general sale!
- How can I book a table at 195 Bar & Grill?
Our 195 Bar & Grill offers a unique dining experience before selected shows at P&J Live. You can check availability and book a table here.
- Will I be able to purchase food at P&J Live?
There is a wide range of food and beverage options available to purchase for concerts and events, including catering outlets offering a variety of hot food options.
Please note - it is against venue policy to allow patrons to bring in their own food and drink to the venue. At P&J live it is our aim to be completely cashless, all of our bars, kiosks and restaurants accept card payments, this is more efficient, safe and ensures a speedy transaction. There are therefore no cash machines on the TECA site.
- Is there parking available at P&J Live?
Yes, there is parking available on-site at P&J Live.
There are various ways to pay for your parking at P&J Live
On site payment machines: We accept both cash and card payments on site, pay on exit is required by entering your vehicle registration at any one of our machines located in the car parks. Please note payment machines only take coins and not notes.
APCOA Connect App: Up to 24 hour after you have left the venue, you can pay for your parking on the APCOA Connect App. Once you have downloaded the app, use location code 6680 for the Sub-T Car Park (underground) and location code 2356 for the Surface Car Park.
You can also pay for parking via the APCOA website here, click which car park you parked in and then you will be able to pay for parking.
- Can I pay by cash within P&J Live?
At P&J Live it is our aim to be completely cashless, all of our bars, kiosks and restaurants accept card and contactless payments. This is more efficient, safe and ensures a speedy transaction.
There are no cash machines on the TECA sites.
- What bus can take me to P&J Live?
Regular buses will be coming in and out of the complex daily for public use. Details on bus routes and operators are still in discussion and any updates will be posted on the getting here page of the website.
Currently, the Stagecoach Bluebird Jet Service 727 runs regularly from Aberdeen City Centre to Aberdeen Airport, stopping in the TECA site.