We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced Sous Chef to assist Head Chef in all areas of the kitchen including health & safety and general managing to ensure delivery of exceptional food & service.
LINE MANAGER: Head Chef
PURPOSE OF ROLE
P&J Live is operated and managed by ASM Global, the largest venue operator in the world, which leverages the experience of managing and operating venues to provide consulting advice to owners, to deliver world-class venues.
ASM Global is the world’s largest and most trusted venue management and services company operating the most prestigious entertainment, sports, and exhibition venues spanning five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 stadiums, arenas, convention centres, entertainment districts, theatres, amphitheatres, and equestrian and recreational centres. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, our venues connect people through the power of live experiences.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Sous Chef to join our team. You will be assisting the Head Chef in all areas of the kitchen including health and safety and general managing to ensure delivery of exceptional food and customer service.
- Prepare, cook and present food to the highest standards
- To ensure that all food preparation is compliant with food hygiene procedures
- To ensure the effective control of a specific station within the kitchen
- Support all areas of the kitchen as required
- Assist in the development of new menus and concepts
- To ensure food is served promptly to the required standards
- To assist in completion of relevant paperwork regarding production, wastage and cleaning records
- Any other reasonable duties as instructed by management to meet the needs of the business
- Passionate about great food and service
- Be innovative and creative
- City & Guilds or NVQ in Professional Cookery
- An ability to work calmly under pressure
- Food safety level 2
- Team player
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a copy of your most recent CV and covering letter to Peter Thompson, Head Chef: [email protected]
Covering letter, detailing your experience in this field, and CV should be sent to:
East Burn Road,
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I buy a VIP View Bar Upgrade?
You can purchase a VIP View Bar Upgrade to selected events here. It includes early access, fast-track entry, complimentary drink on arrival and access to the View Bar before, during and post-show.
- How can I purchase tickets for a concert at P&J Live?
Tickets are available from our ticketing agent Ticketmaster on www.ticketmaster.co.uk
P&J Live do not sell tickets directly.
- How do I register for access to venue presale?
For certain events, venue presale tickets might be on offer. This means you'll be access tickets before they go on general sale.
To gain access to our exclusive venue presale, sign up to our newsletterhere and we will send you an email with the presale link for tickets go on general sale!
Tip: Also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to stay updated.
- How can I book a table at 195 Bar & Grill?
Our 195 Bar & Grill offers a unique dining experience before selected shows at P&J Live. You can check availability and book a table here.
- Will I be able to purchase food at P&J Live?
There is a wide range of food and beverage options available to purchase for concerts and events, including catering outlets offering a variety of hot food options.
Please note - it is against venue policy to allow patrons to bring in their own food and drink to the venue. At P&J live it is our aim to be completely cashless, all of our bars, kiosks and restaurants accept card payments, this is more efficient, safe and ensures a speedy transaction. There are therefore no cash machines on the TECA site.
- Is there parking available at P&J Live?
Yes, there is parking available on-site at P&J Live.
There are various ways to pay for your parking at P&J Live
On site payment machines: We accept both cash and card payments on site, pay on exit is required by entering your vehicle registration at any one of our machines located in the car parks. Please note payment machines only take coins and not notes.
APCOA Connect App: Up to 24 hour after you have left the venue, you can pay for your parking on the APCOA Connect App. Once you have downloaded the app, use location code 6680 for the Sub-T Car Park (underground) and location code 2356 for the Surface Car Park.
You can also pay for parking via the APCOA website here, click which car park you parked in and then you will be able to pay for parking.
- Can I pay by cash within P&J Live?
At P&J Live it is our aim to be completely cashless, all of our bars, kiosks and restaurants accept card and contactless payments. This is more efficient, safe and ensures a speedy transaction.
There are no cash machines on the TECA sites.
- What bus can take me to P&J Live?
Regular buses will be coming in and out of the complex daily for public use. Details on bus routes and operators are still in discussion and any updates will be posted on the getting here page of the website.
Currently, the Stagecoach Bluebird Jet Service 727 runs regularly from Aberdeen City Centre to Aberdeen Airport, stopping in the TECA site.
- How do I purchase accessible seating for a show at P&J Live?
All the tickets for our Special Access Platform are sold via our ticket agent Ticketmaster.
Further information on accessibility at the Venue can be found on our Accessibility page.