Senior Chef De Partie
To assist the Head Chef / Senior Sous Chef to ensure that all customers receive a first class food experience.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
- Assist the Head Chef / Senior Chef with Daily Temperature Recording to comply with Food Safety Legislation
- To be overall responsible for the sections allocated and to ensure that Food Standards are maintained to required P&J Live standards
- Ensure that the kitchen operation complies with all statutory obligations and company prescribed regulations without exception
- Responsible for Kitchen Porters
- Ensure required standards of both operational and personal hygiene are met
- To control wastage of materials by constant monitoring of staff
- To be aware of and fully conversant with the procedures for reporting of damaged or faulty equipment within the kitchen
- Carry out mis en place for all catering needs
- Practice correct stock control
- Ensure protective uniform is worn when on duty
- Ensure daily log of delivery, refrigeration and freezer temperatures are recorded
- Check all Fridges / Freezers are tidy, Foodstuffs are stored appropriately to avoid Cross Contamination
- Check Action List / Business Sheet at the beginning of each shift to ensure working with accurate up to date information
- To support P&J Live in striving to increase return custom / revenue by ensuring all meals served are to the highest quality in taste and presentation
- Any other reasonable duties as required in the best interests of P&J Live
The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonable be expected within the scope of the position.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Professional catering qualifications and training within the industry preferably with previous experience within a similar environment career
- Be aware of current industry trends
- The ability to operate unsupervised
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to work in a team
- Confidence and energy, with a proactive nature and the ability to take the initiative
- Good organizational skills
- Enthusiastic & desire to learn
Covering letter, detailing your experience in this field, and CV should be sent to:
Email: [email protected]
East Burn Road,
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there parking available at P&J Live?
Yes, there is parking available onsite at P&J Live.
Parking charges will apply.
Please note parking availability may differ for SPE Offshore Europe. Please see our event ordering page for parking at OE.
- How can I purchase tickets for a concert at P&J Live?
Tickets are available from our ticketing agent Ticketmaster on www.ticketmaster.co.uk or by calling 08444 77 9000.
P&J Live do not sell tickets directly.
- What time is the Box Office open?
Our box office at P&J Live will be open on concert days only. This will be open from 17:30 on the date of the show only and closes once the main act comes on stage.
If you have any ticketing or box office queries contact [email protected]
- Will I be able to purchase food at P&J Live?
There is a wide range of food and beverage options available to purchase for concerts and events, including catering outlets offering a variety of hot food options.
Please note - it is against venue policy to allow patrons to bring in their own food and drink to the venue.
- Are there cash machines available at P&J Live?
There will be no cash machines on site, however contactless payments are welcome.
- Do you have a cloakroom during concerts?
We do not have cloakroom or storage facilities at P&J Live for concerts and shows.
- Can I bring my camera to a concert?
Compact cameras and camera phones are permitted at concerts unless otherwise stated. Any camera which has a removable lens is not permitted within the venue. This is a stipulation of the acts and their promoters, due to copyright issues.
Photographers must contact P&J Live (who will pass the request on to the relevant promoter) to request a press pass which, if granted, will allow access with a professional camera.
- How do I get to P&J Live from outside Aberdeen?
Getting into Aberdeen has never been easier with the completion of the new Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route.
P&J Live is located close to Aberdeen airport, six miles northwest of the city centre you can reach the venue using a range of transport options.
For more details see our Visiting page.
- Where can I stay while visiting P&J Live/Aberdeen?
At P&J Live we have 2 on-site hotels are perfect for concert-goers, organisers and event delegates seeking the most convenient place to stay.
The adjoining hotel 4 Star Hilton, has 200 bedrooms, an executive lounge, restaurant and spa. There is a further on-site hotel the Aloft with 150 bedrooms. There are also over 11 hotels within a 5 minute drive from P&J Live available for use.
- How do I purchase accessible seating for a show at P&J Live?
All the tickets for our Special Access Platform are sold via our ticket agent Ticketmaster.
In order to purchase tickets for this, please call 0800 988 4440 then be put through to an operator who can assist.
Further information on accessibility at the Venue can be found on our Accessibility page.