Responsible for all aspects of the 24/7 security provision at P&J Live including the safety and security of staff, visitors, assets and buildings
Key Duties and Accountabilities
- Provide a 24/7 service, securing company staff, guests and property
- Provide cover in the Control Room and carry out other duties as assigned
- Monitor the CCTV System in compliance with the venue CCTV policies and procedures
- Ensure all building systems including, but not limited to, fire system, and house radio, are fully functional and maintained
- Administer security applications and provide management information or evidence for the authorities, as required
- Assist with the development all venue security / emergency / evacuation / business continuity plans and procedures
- To manage access control systems for staff, tenants, visitors, contractors and productions
- To conduct internal external security patrols
- Work with the Duty Manager during events should an emergency situation arise
- Liaise with emergency services as and when required
- Liaise with visiting production security for any breaches of house policy or procedures
- Assist with investigation into insurance claims
- Investigate and record accidents when reported on site
- Advise management of any external site issues
- Responsible for the receipt of goods and deliveries, ensuring that correct paperwork is obtained, and the relevant departments informed, whilst remaining vigilant in case of a suspect package
- To be fully conversant with the Company’s security and safety procedures and make decisions or referrals as appropriate
- To provide assistance to other departments as required
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the Supervisor or Department Head
- Provide fire warden capability as required.
The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonable be expected within the scope of the position.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Current SIA Door Supervisors Licence
- Current SIA CCTV Licence
- First Aid at Work Qualification
- Awareness of Counter Terrorism (ACT or Project Griffin)
- The ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Fire Awareness Training
- Must have excellent customer care skills
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and the confidence/ability to deal with difficult situations
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills - both written and verbal
- Experience working in the event industry
- Supervision, and/or Event Stewarding or Venue Security
- Crowd management experience
Covering letter, detailing your experience in this field, and CV should be sent to:
Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there parking available at P&J Live?
Yes, there is parking available onsite at P&J Live.
Parking charges will apply.
Please note parking availability may differ for SPE Offshore Europe. Please see our event ordering page for parking at OE.
- How can I purchase tickets for a concert at P&J Live?
Tickets are available from our ticketing agent Ticketmaster on www.ticketmaster.co.uk or by calling 08444 77 9000.
P&J Live do not sell tickets directly.
- What time is the Box Office open?
Our box office at P&J Live will be open on concert days only. This will be open from 17:30 on the date of the show only and closes once the main act comes on stage.
If you have any ticketing or box office queries contact [email protected]
- Will I be able to purchase food at P&J Live?
There is a wide range of food and beverage options available to purchase for concerts and events, including catering outlets offering a variety of hot food options.
Please note - it is against venue policy to allow patrons to bring in their own food and drink to the venue.
- Are there cash machines available at P&J Live?
There will be no cash machines on site, however contactless payments are welcome.
- Do you have a cloakroom during concerts?
We do not have cloakroom or storage facilities at P&J Live for concerts and shows.
- Can I bring my camera to a concert?
Compact cameras and camera phones are permitted at concerts unless otherwise stated. Any camera which has a removable lens is not permitted within the venue. This is a stipulation of the acts and their promoters, due to copyright issues.
Photographers must contact P&J Live (who will pass the request on to the relevant promoter) to request a press pass which, if granted, will allow access with a professional camera.
- How do I get to P&J Live from outside Aberdeen?
Getting into Aberdeen has never been easier with the completion of the new Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route.
P&J Live is located close to Aberdeen airport, six miles northwest of the city centre you can reach the venue using a range of transport options.
For more details see our Visiting page.
- Where can I stay while visiting P&J Live/Aberdeen?
Here at P&J Live we have 3 onsite hotels with a total of 350 rooms available to the public.
4 Star Hilton, A loft and another hotel to be confirmed. There are also over 11 hotels within a 5 minute drive from P&J Live available for use.
Bookings for these hotels are not open yet - don't worry, we will let you know when you can book!
- How do I purchase accessible seating for a show at P&J Live?
All the tickets for our Special Access Platform are sold via our ticket agent Ticketmaster.
In order to purchase tickets for this, please call 0800 988 4440 then be put through to an operator who can assist.
Further information on accessibility at the Venue can be found on our Accessibility page.