Head Kitchen Porter
Manage a key area within the kitchen and help maintain an exceptional standard of cleanliness
Key Duties and Accountabilities
- Daily management of all food stock deliveries
- Overall responsibility to ensure all washing and cleaning duties are carried out within the kitchens
- Work closely with kitchen team and front of House team to ensure both, have adequate clean cutlery, crockery and all necessary equipment
- Responsible for completion of all Cleaning Schedules as evidence of Due Diligence
- To ensure the dishwashers are kept clean and notify Head Chef/Exec Chef of any breakdown or need for repair
- Responsible for the stock control and internal ordering of all necessary cleaning chemicals/products within required timescale
- Responsible for the training of other kitchen porters with regard to hazardous equipment and chemicals
- Responsible for all laundry associated with the kitchen, oven clothes, chef’s whites and kitchen porter uniforms
- Responsible for cleanliness and storage of all crockery and cutlery
- To ensure all duties carried out are done so whilst complying with Health and Safety and COSHH Regulations
- Any other reasonable duties required and in the best interests of the TECA
- Assist Chefs in the prompt storage of all deliveries
- Follow Companies Sustainability procedures with regard to separation and Disposal of Waste
- Assist chefs where appropriate with basic food prep
- Ensure all deliveries are checked, stored immediately on arrival to comply with EHO guidelines and prevent cross contamination
- Manage stock rotation (FIFO)
The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonable be expected within the scope of the position.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Confidence and energy, with a proactive nature and the ability to take the initiative
- The ability to operate unsupervised
- Flexible and reliable with the ability to work as part of a team but also using their own initiative
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- Experience in a high pressure and volume kitchen and will need to have an up to date basic health and hygiene certificate
CV and covering letter should be emailed to Peter Thompson, Head Chef: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I buy a VIP View Bar Upgrade?
You can purchase a VIP View Bar Upgrade to selected events here. It includes early access, fast-track entry, complimentary drink on arrival and access to the View Bar before, during and post-show.
- How can I purchase tickets for a concert at P&J Live?
Tickets are available from our ticketing agent Ticketmaster on www.ticketmaster.co.uk
P&J Live do not sell tickets directly.
- How do I register for access to venue presale?
For certain events, venue presale tickets might be on offer. This means you'll be access tickets before they go on general sale.
To gain access to our exclusive venue presale, sign up to our newsletterhereand we will send you an email with the presale link for tickets go on general sale!
- How can I book a table at 195 Bar & Grill?
Our 195 Bar & Grill offers a unique dining experience before selected shows at P&J Live. You can check availability and book a table here.
- Will I be able to purchase food at P&J Live?
There is a wide range of food and beverage options available to purchase for concerts and events, including catering outlets offering a variety of hot food options.
Please note - it is against venue policy to allow patrons to bring in their own food and drink to the venue. At P&J live it is our aim to be completely cashless, all of our bars, kiosks and restaurants accept card payments, this is more efficient, safe and ensures a speedy transaction. There are therefore no cash machines on the TECA site.
- Is there parking available at P&J Live?
Yes, there is parking available on-site at P&J Live.
There are various ways to pay for your parking at P&J Live
On site payment machines: We accept both cash and card payments on site, pay on exit is required by entering your vehicle registration at any one of our machines located in the car parks. Please note payment machines only take coins and not notes.
APCOA Connect App: Up to 24 hour after you have left the venue, you can pay for your parking on the APCOA Connect App. Once you have downloaded the app, use location code 6680 for the Sub-T Car Park (underground) and location code 2356 for the Surface Car Park.
You can also pay for parking via the APCOA website here, click which car park you parked in and then you will be able to pay for parking.
- Can I pay by cash within P&J Live?
At P&J Live it is our aim to be completely cashless, all of our bars, kiosks and restaurants accept card and contactless payments. This is more efficient, safe and ensures a speedy transaction.
There are no cash machines on the TECA sites.
- What bus can take me to P&J Live?
Regular buses will be coming in and out of the complex daily for public use. Details on bus routes and operators are still in discussion and any updates will be posted on the getting here page of the website.
Currently, the Stagecoach Bluebird Jet Service 727 runs regularly from Aberdeen City Centre to Aberdeen Airport, stopping in the TECA site.