The event executive will support the Event Manager and Head of Events in the delivery of all Events at the venue, managing customer experience and providing excellent service to all clients.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE WITHIN THE ORGANISATION:
P&J Live is operated and managed by ASM Global, the largest venue operator in the world, which leverages the experience of managing and operating venues to provide consulting advice to owners, to deliver world-class venues.
ASM Global is the world’s largest and most trusted venue management and services company operating the most prestigious entertainment, sports, and exhibition venues spanning five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 stadiums, arenas, convention centres, entertainment districts, theatres, amphitheatres, and equestrian and recreational centres. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, our venues connect people through the power of live experiences.
P&J Live is committed to creating a diverse program of outstanding live entertainment events, conferences, exhibitions and banquets. We are in the business of creating a complete and positive experience for our customers from the moment they become aware of us to the time they recount the visit to others. Each P&J Live employee carries the responsibility for maintaining these high standards and in return the company invests in its personnel through training, equipment and appraisal.
The event executive will support the Event Manager and Head of Events in the delivery of all Events at the venue. They will manage allocated events to a high level and ensure customer experience is exceed every time.
- Assist other teams with the planning and delivery of other events from an operational aspect.
- Assist and support Event Manager's with their allocated events as required
- Manage allocated events as required
- Ensure that procedures are adhered to so additional costs are agreed and signed off by the client for any additional charges not included in the original contract or booking form
- Ensure all events are correctly signed off and ready for Finance to issue invoices
- Ensure that all relevant event paperwork is in place including final plans, POs, correspondence, health and safety risk assessments, insurance documents and any other required paper trail and is filed in Venue Opps
- Process Venue Opps for each event ensuring all relevant information and scripting is produced to allow detailed brief of all internal business units
- Develop and maintain customer relationships. Meet and greet clients, advise clients of HS&E procedures, assist clients and their delegates, monitor the event over the course of the day to ensure we are delivering in all aspects of the event
- Upsell where appropriate services provided by P&J Live and approved partners such as Exhibition Services, Bespoke Stage sets and light and sound packages.
- Ensure that all signage, health and safety and emergency procedures are in place and communicated to clients for each event.
- Ensure cleaning, heating, security and event times are set up and resourced
- Ensure defects in property and equipment and identified and reported
The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of HNC in in Business, Leisure or Events discipline or equivalent work experience
- Project Management (Desirable)
- Must have right to work in the UK
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Eye for detail
- Team worker and motivator
- Negotiation and persuasion
- HS&E knowledge and understanding
- Ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Must have an understand of the Conference, Exhibition, Live Music or Sporting Event industry
- Managing budgets
- Event coordination
- Project planning
- Customer Service
CV and covering letter should be emailed to Patrick Lynn, Head of Events: [email protected]
Covering letter, detailing your experience in this field, and CV should be sent to:
Patrick Lynn, Head of Event Management
Email: [email protected]
FAO: Patrick Lynn
East Burn Road,
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I buy a VIP View Bar Upgrade?
You can purchase a VIP View Bar Upgrade to selected events here. It includes early access, fast-track entry, complimentary drink on arrival and access to the View Bar before, during and post-show.
- How can I purchase tickets for a concert at P&J Live?
Tickets are available from our ticketing agent Ticketmaster on www.ticketmaster.co.uk
P&J Live do not sell tickets directly.
- How do I register for access to venue presale?
For certain events, venue presale tickets might be on offer. This means you'll be access tickets before they go on general sale.
To gain access to our exclusive venue presale, sign up to our newsletterhere and we will send you an email with the presale link for tickets go on general sale!
Tip: Also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to stay updated.
- How can I book a table at 195 Bar & Grill?
Our 195 Bar & Grill offers a unique dining experience before selected shows at P&J Live. You can check availability and book a table here.
- Will I be able to purchase food at P&J Live?
There is a wide range of food and beverage options available to purchase for concerts and events, including catering outlets offering a variety of hot food options.
Please note - it is against venue policy to allow patrons to bring in their own food and drink to the venue. At P&J live it is our aim to be completely cashless, all of our bars, kiosks and restaurants accept card payments, this is more efficient, safe and ensures a speedy transaction. There are therefore no cash machines on the TECA site.
- Is there parking available at P&J Live?
Yes, there is parking available on-site at P&J Live.
There are various ways to pay for your parking at P&J Live
On site payment machines: We accept both cash and card payments on site, pay on exit is required by entering your vehicle registration at any one of our machines located in the car parks. Please note payment machines only take coins and not notes.
APCOA Connect App: Up to 24 hour after you have left the venue, you can pay for your parking on the APCOA Connect App. Once you have downloaded the app, use location code 6680 for the Sub-T Car Park (underground) and location code 2356 for the Surface Car Park.
You can also pay for parking via the APCOA website here, click which car park you parked in and then you will be able to pay for parking.
- Can I pay by cash within P&J Live?
At P&J Live it is our aim to be completely cashless, all of our bars, kiosks and restaurants accept card and contactless payments. This is more efficient, safe and ensures a speedy transaction.
There are no cash machines on the TECA sites.
- What bus can take me to P&J Live?
Regular buses will be coming in and out of the complex daily for public use. Details on bus routes and operators are still in discussion and any updates will be posted on the getting here page of the website.
Currently, the Stagecoach Bluebird Jet Service 727 runs regularly from Aberdeen City Centre to Aberdeen Airport, stopping in the TECA site.
- How do I purchase accessible seating for a show at P&J Live?
All the tickets for our Special Access Platform are sold via our ticket agent Ticketmaster.
Further information on accessibility at the Venue can be found on our Accessibility page.