Event Catering Manager
The Event Catering Manager will lead the development & success of the catering operation at P&J Live, ensuring high levels of service & quality as demanded by our clients and the business as a whole.
Line Manager: Director of F&B
Responsible For: Assistant Event Catering Managers (x3)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE WITHIN THE ORGANISATION:
P&J Live is operated and managed by ASM Global, the largest venue operator in the world, which leverages the experience of managing and operating venues to provide consulting advice to owners, to deliver world-class venues.
ASM Global is the world’s largest and most trusted venue management and services company operating the most prestigious entertainment, sports, and exhibition venues spanning five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 stadiums, arenas, convention centres, entertainment districts, theatres, amphitheatres, and equestrian and recreational centres. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, our venues connect people through the power of live experiences.
P&J Live is committed to creating a diverse program of outstanding live entertainment events, conferences, exhibitions and banquets. We are in the business of creating a complete and positive experience for our customers from the moment they become aware of us to the time they recount the visit to others. Each P&J Live employee carries the responsibility for maintaining these high standards and in return the company invests in its personnel through training, equipment and appraisal.
The Event Catering Manager will lead the development and success of the catering operation at P&J Live, ensuring high levels of service and quality as demanded by our clients and the business as a whole. The Event Catering Manager will be able to forecast, plan and manage all aspects of the food and beverage operation, including staffing and finance, whilst maximising revenue through commercial creativity, customer satisfaction and engagement.
- Working alongside the F&B Director to achieve the strategic objectives and overall vision for the business
- Manage the day to day running of the catering operation, looking at ways to consistently improve on product offering and quality standards, ensuring customer satisfaction and budgetary efficiency
- Constantly assessing team performance, identify training needs and potential
- Ensure the venue catering operation achieves, as a minimum, financial revenue and costs targets in line with the annual budget agreed
- Monitor the catering operation team, carry out appraisals ensuring that development plans are actively progressed
- Work closely with the Resourcing Manager to ensure staffing levels are adequate and relevant in line with shift patterns and recognised busy periods
- Drive standards by creating SOP manuals and ensure they are updated regularly and adhered to
- Hold regular catering team meetings to communicate and align with targets, standards required and wider company information
- Work in conjunction with the F&B Director to prepare the annual budget, to achieve and maintain the food and beverage cost in accordance with the budget
- Control and achieve agreed financial targets whilst maximising all commercial opportunities
- To develop and evolve all client services of the catering operation, ensuring regular adjustments and improvements are both recommended and implemented
- To be responsible for personnel assigned to the catering services, irrespective of whether or not they are employees of the Company, in accordance with Company personnel and training policies
- To ensure that the venue meets statutory and company requirements of Health and Safety, Food Safety and environmental legislations and procedures
- The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any task which may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Successful and progressive hospitality background in catering
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate or above
- Hospitality management qualification
- Excellent Food & Wine knowledge
- Confident and social individual
- Establishes, maintains and builds positive working relationships
- Listens and communicates clearly and in a constructive manner
- Plans workload to meet targets and deadlines, allowing for changing circumstances
Minimum of two year’s experience in a similar role
Covering letter, detailing your experience in this field, and CV should be sent to Paddy Lynn, Head of Event Management: [email protected]
Covering letter, detailing your experience in this field, and CV should be sent to:
Patrick Lynn, Head of Event Management
Email: [email protected]
FAO: Patrick Lynn
East Burn Road,
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I buy a VIP View Bar Upgrade?
You can purchase a VIP View Bar Upgrade to selected events here. It includes early access, fast-track entry, complimentary drink on arrival and access to the View Bar before, during and post-show.
- How can I purchase tickets for a concert at P&J Live?
Tickets are available from our ticketing agent Ticketmaster on www.ticketmaster.co.uk
P&J Live do not sell tickets directly.
- How do I register for access to venue presale?
For certain events, venue presale tickets might be on offer. This means you'll be access tickets before they go on general sale.
To gain access to our exclusive venue presale, sign up to our newsletterhereand we will send you an email with the presale link for tickets go on general sale!
- How can I book a table at 195 Bar & Grill?
Our 195 Bar & Grill offers a unique dining experience before selected shows at P&J Live. You can check availability and book a table here.
- Will I be able to purchase food at P&J Live?
There is a wide range of food and beverage options available to purchase for concerts and events, including catering outlets offering a variety of hot food options.
Please note - it is against venue policy to allow patrons to bring in their own food and drink to the venue. At P&J live it is our aim to be completely cashless, all of our bars, kiosks and restaurants accept card payments, this is more efficient, safe and ensures a speedy transaction. There are therefore no cash machines on the TECA site.
- Is there parking available at P&J Live?
Yes, there is parking available on-site at P&J Live.
There are various ways to pay for your parking at P&J Live
On site payment machines: We accept both cash and card payments on site, pay on exit is required by entering your vehicle registration at any one of our machines located in the car parks. Please note payment machines only take coins and not notes.
APCOA Connect App: Up to 24 hour after you have left the venue, you can pay for your parking on the APCOA Connect App. Once you have downloaded the app, use location code 6680 for the Sub-T Car Park (underground) and location code 2356 for the Surface Car Park.
You can also pay for parking via the APCOA website here, click which car park you parked in and then you will be able to pay for parking.
- Can I pay by cash within P&J Live?
At P&J Live it is our aim to be completely cashless, all of our bars, kiosks and restaurants accept card and contactless payments. This is more efficient, safe and ensures a speedy transaction.
There are no cash machines on the TECA sites.
- What bus can take me to P&J Live?
Regular buses will be coming in and out of the complex daily for public use. Details on bus routes and operators are still in discussion and any updates will be posted on the getting here page of the website.
Currently, the Stagecoach Bluebird Jet Service 727 runs regularly from Aberdeen City Centre to Aberdeen Airport, stopping in the TECA site.